The following instruments were installed during VISIONS '13. They will be connected to the primary infrastructure in 2014.
- Four short-period seismometers at Axial – all tested and functional
- A high definition video camera at the ASHES hydrothermal filed – tested and functional
- A 3D thermistor array at ASHES – tested and functional
- A bottom-pressure tilt sensor near Eastern Caldera – to be cabled and tested next summer
- 2 pressure sensors (Slope Base and Axial Base) – 1 tested and functional; 1 to be connected next year
- 2 benthic flow meters at Southern Hydrate Ridge