The list of topics below (and links to each related URL) is a suggested sequence in which to learn about Theme II ideas. Most links take you to a page within the VISIONS '11 website, while others connect you to other sites.
This page will remain open, while each link opens a new window.
Be sure to close the window after you have finished viewing the URL.
Theme II: Rationale for Studying the Ocean
1. Understanding the Planetary Life Support System: Next Generation Science in the Ocean Basins (Lecture)
PART I: Rationale for Studying the Ocean
2. A 2020 Vision for Ocean Science (Article by J.R. Delaney and R.S. Barga)
3. Science Overview: The Complex Oceans
4. Earth-Ocean Processes (Poster – Top Half and Bottom Half)
5. Oceans and Life: a Lesson in Complexity
6. Earthquakes in the NE Pacific
7. Carbon Cycle
10. Climate Change
11. Methane Hydrates: Hydrate Ridge
12. Volcanoes and Life: Axial Seamount