The list of topics below (and links to each related URL) is a suggested sequence in which to learn about Theme IV ideas. Several links take you to a page within the VISIONS '11 website, while others connect you to other sites. You may also download the VAST Program Online Resources document (Excel spreadsheet, at left), which has the full suite of topics and links, listed for each Theme.
This page will remain open, while each link opens a new window.
Be sure to close the window after you have finished viewing the URL.
Axial Seamount: an Active Undersea Volcano on the Juan de Fuca Spreading Ridge
- Axial Seamount (article by W. Chadwick and others)
- Volcanic Action at Axial Seamount (article by E. Davis)
- Bathymetric Map of Axial Seamount
- Bathymetric Map of Axial Seamount Caldera 2011
- Undersea Volcano Eruption Found off the Oregon Coast (by ChillyManjaro)
- Surveying the Slopes of Axial Seamount
- Finding the New Lava Flow
- Hawaiian Lava Flows (National Geographic TV)
- Pillow Lava Formation
- Collapse of Pu’u O’o Caldera During March 5 Eruption (2011) (USGS)
- ROPOS Dive 1466 Highlight Video (VISIONS '11)
ROPOS Dive 1467 Highlight Video (VISIONS '11)